This summer Kristy, Caroline, Annabelle and I have all enjoy many days at the beach. I enjoy the beach for the sun, water and some sand castle making. It enables me to relive my youth through my children. While at the beach I often notice many things so I wanted to list a few that catch my eye.
- The life guards are much more attentive nowadays and patrol the waters throughout the day, which is great for all of us.
- I see less dolphins swimming up and down the coast this year. In years past we would see them at least once a trip to the beach.
- Island Beach State Park is less crowded and does not fill up to capacity as it once did in the 90s.
- Though there are less cars entering IBSP the amount of people that insist of sitting on top of one another is at an all-time high.
- There are still a lot of smokers at the beach. Thanks for ruining my fresh-ocean-air day.
- The water is colder the last few years that I can ever remember for the month of August.
- There is still an abundance of people who throw their food (i.e. chips, bread, etc.) in the sand to get the seagulls to come near them. Besides smoking on the beach, this is one of the rudest things a person can do.
In years past, I often took living at the Jersey Shore for granted. The last few years we are soaking it all in, just like I did as a kid growing up. We are taking advantage of where we live and making sure our girls grow up loving the beach.
With the work week ahead and travel for the next four days I am looking for to next weekend and our time at the beach.