MOVEMBER 2014…..I am shaving this Movember (November) 1st and will start to grow a “Mo” for the entire month. I look creepy with a Moustache and I do not like them, but as a 8 year testicular cancer survivor it is my mission to raise awareness, money, educate and advocate.
Please take 2 minutes to read about what Movember Foundation is doing and consider donating or joining our team. To register is free! Remember Movember is for both men and women so please give it some consideration.
Did you know the reasons for the poor state of men’s health in the USA are numerous, complex and include:
- Lack of awareness and understanding of the health issues men face
- Men not openly discussing their health and how they’re feeling
- Reluctance to take action when men don’t feel physically or mentally well
- Men engaging in risky activities that threaten their health
- Stigmas surrounding mental health
- Men are 24 percent less likely than women to have visited a doctor within the past year
The Movember Foundation aims to change this way of thinking by putting a fun twist on this serious issue. Using the moustache as a catalyst, the idea is to bring about change and give men the opportunity and confidence to learn and talk about their health and take action when needed.
As a global men’s health movement, the Movember Foundation has the ambition to contribute to improving the lives of men around the world. To achieve this, we challenge men to grow moustaches during Movember (the month formerly known as November) to spark conversation and raise funds for prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health problems. We see success as moving the dial on progress towards:
- Reduced mortality from prostate, testicular cancer and men’s suicide
- Men living with prostate or testicular cancer being physically and mentally well
- Men and boys understanding how to be mentally healthy and taking action when they experience mental health problems
- Men and boys with mental health problems not being discriminated against
Help us make a difference in men’s health during Movember by making a donation.
Donate here: http://mobro.co/brianpatrickdowd
As a 8 year testicular cancer survivor I sincerely THANK YOU for your consideration!